Pencil Drawing - The Guide to Graphite: Master graphite drawing.
About this Course
"Pencil Drawing - The Guide to Graphite" is a complete video course on pencil drawing with graphite designed for beginner and intermediate artists. The goal of this course is to provide the learner with a rich learning experience through "easy to digest" modules consisting of video demonstrations and accompanying ebooks.
What You'll Learn:
- The basic materials, tools, and surfaces for drawing with graphite.
- The grades of graphite according to softness and how to properly sharpen your pencil for drawing.
- What erasers you need and how to use them.
- How to use different grips for mark making and a variety of graphite application techniques.
- How to use light and shadow to create the illusion of form.
- How to sketch and draw loosely and quickly.
- How to create a variety of textures in a drawing by studying three different subjects.
- How to draw landscapes using textured charcoal paper.
- How to draw portraits with graphite pencils.
- How to use powdered graphite to create smooth transitions of value and tone.
- How to use water soluble graphite.
- How to use and activate colored graphite.
- How to mat and frame your drawings.
Not all of us prefer to learn from watching videos. Some of us prefer to learn from books as well as videos, so ebooks are included as well. This course has been developed to accelerate learning by teaching to many different learning styles. Each course module includes an illustrated ebook that corresponds with the video. Every step and concept is clearly illustrated and described in each ebook.
What Students Say
"Thank you, Matt, for such an enjoyable and instructional course! It was fun! It was instructional! And my drawing skills continue to grow! Even my sketching has improved dramatically! “Practicing” is so much more fun when you have the basics taught to you. Thanks again." -Georgiana
"These are wonderful lessons and I greatly appreciate them. I am going to start working on each of the modules in this guide today and I know your instructions will make it possible to have some satisfactory success. Thank you for your great teaching!!!" -Marc
"Wonderful lesson. Love to watch you draw. Thanks so much for your lessons." -Sumana