The Colored Pencil Course: Use colored pencils like a pro.
About this Course
"The Colored Pencil Course" is a comprehensive learning experience designed to guide absolute beginners and intermediate artists to a level of producing professional quality colored pencil drawings through concise and “easy to digest” modules that include videos and Ebooks.
What You'll Learn:
- The basic materials, tools, and surfaces for drawing with colored pencils.
- How to apply colored pencils using a variety of techniques and approaches.
- How to mix natural "blacks" and layer colors to create a "painted" look.
- How to create an underpainting of values which is layered over with additional colors.
- How to use color theory in your colored pencil drawings.
- How to create strong compositions in your drawings.
- How to create the illusion of reflection and transparency in your colored pencil drawings.
- How to transfer images and drawings.
- How to create the illusion of texture with colored pencils.
- How to draw landscapes with colored pencils.
- How to portraits with an in-depth look at each facial feature.
- How to combine watercolor with colored pencils.
- How to use watercolor pencils.
- How to frame and mat your art.
Not all of us prefer to learn from watching videos. Some of us prefer to learn from books as well as videos, so ebooks are included as well. This course has been developed to accelerate learning by teaching to many different learning styles. Each course module includes an illustrated ebook that corresponds with the video. Every step and concept is clearly illustrated and described in each ebook.
What Students Say
"This is a really good course. Very clearly presented, well explained and with an excellent variety of projects. Thank you." -Marie
"As a member of this great site it has broadened my artistic scope in several mediums. While the cost for this program increased for the first time, I still find it is a huge benefit given the many various applications and wonderful instructions that are given for various mediums. Matt has put together a fantastic and varied program for beginners and advanced artists. What I love most is the ability to have continued access to all the different tutorials and, as a bonus, Matt is always willing to answer questions we students might have as we go along. This is my third year as a virtual instructor member. As a student I’ve increased my artistic abilities, as well, I’ve been able to teach others what I’ve learned and broadened in my own style of work. Thanks, Matt, for offering such a benefit for artists to grow in their abilities and learning how to love the joy of art making." -Ron
"Matt – I got more info from your “conclusion” video than all the other courses I’ve taken over 30 years. So, for the New Year, I am sending a huge thank you." -Ed
"I love everything about this site. If ever I have a spare minute I go to it and learn something new or relearn something that is now new." -Karen
"Congratulations on a brilliant course. I have watched all the episodes before even putting pencil to paper so I know what I’m going to be completing, and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed every minute of the viewing." -Kim