Line and Wash: Drawing with ink and painting with watercolor.
About this Course
"Line and Wash" is a complete video course on combining pen and ink with watercolor for beginner and intermediate artists. The goal of this course is to provide the learner with a rich learning experience through "easy to digest" modules consisting of video demonstrations and accompanying ebooks.
What You'll Learn:
- The basic materials, tools, and surfaces for combining watercolor and pen and ink.
- How to balance pen and ink with watercolor so that neither medium dominates.
- Two different approaches to creating line and wash images.
- Pen and ink techniques.
- How to create a variety of textures with pen and ink using both nib pens and technical drawing pens.
- Watercolor painting techniques.
- How to create a still life image with line and wash.
- How to draw and paint landscapes by applying lines with a brush instead of pens.
- How to draw accurate portraits with pen and ink.
- How to mix skin tones with watercolor and develop a portrait painting.
- How to layer watercolor washes to build up depth in color.
Not all of us prefer to learn from watching videos. Some of us prefer to learn from books as well as videos, so ebooks are included as well. This course has been developed to accelerate learning by teaching to many different learning styles. Each course module includes an illustrated ebook that corresponds with the video. Every step and concept is clearly illustrated and described in each ebook.
What Students Say
"So much information, so beautifully presented to us. Your skills as a teacher and artist are at the highest level. Can't wait to open the next lesson to see what you have for us." -Thomas
"Matt's video quality is so clear that I could easily identify even subtle, but important, excess in my application of layers." -Margaret
"I am hooked. Cannot think of a better forum to learn and expand my knowledge. Thanks to the internet and your effort, approach and ease of use." -Terrance