Portrait Drawing the Smart Way: Portrait drawing made easy.
About this Course
"Portrait Drawing The Smart Way" is a complete video course on drawing portraits designed for beginner and intermediate artists. The goal of this course is to provide the learner with a rich learning experience through "easy to digest" modules consisting of video demonstrations and accompanying ebooks. Designed for beginner and intermediate artists, this course lays the foundation required for success with portrait drawing.
What You'll Learn:
- The basic materials, tools, and surfaces for drawing portraits.
- How to draw the human skull from both the frontal and profile views.
- Basic facial features - simplified.
- Understanding the planes of the face and how they affect light and shadow.
- How to draw realistic eyes from both the frontal and profile view.
- How to draw a realistic nose from both the frontal and profile view.
- How to draw the mouth and teeth.
- How to draw realistic skin textures.
- How to draw ears.
- How to draw hair and capture the texture and form in a drawing.
- How to draw accurate portraits from photos using a traditional grid technique.
- How to draw accurate portraits using a triangular grid.
Not all of us prefer to learn from watching videos. Some of us prefer to learn from books as well as videos, so ebooks are included as well. This course has been developed to accelerate learning by teaching to many different learning styles. Each course module includes an illustrated ebook that corresponds with the video. Every step and concept is clearly illustrated and described in each ebook.
What Students Say
"Excellent course - thank you!" -Winer
"Thank you so much for not only your talent, but your wonderful ability as a teacher. I learned so much from this course." -Betty
"What an informative course! I loved it! Everything is so very well written, explained and organized. This course has filled in many gaps in knowledge that I had. I just LOVE these lessons! Thank you…" -Georgiana
"Thank you for showing portrait drawing in a very simple way Matt. I was actually able to visualize the arm and hand movements, and also was able to learn the different pressures you used on the pencils. I will start working drawing portraits very soon. Thanks to this course, I am not as intimidated as before I started watching it." -Jonathan
"Thank you so much for this course. Learned a lot of techniques that will definitely improve my portrait drawings. I love your step by step approach and how you explain the process of what you are doing." -Linda