And everything that follows is included...
Four Complete Video Courses
Featuring over 16 hours of HD video and 586 pages of ebooks, every course is included with membership. There is nothing more to buy, period.
"The Secrets to Drawing"
"Pastel Landscape Mastery"
"Oil Painting Master Series"
"The Colored Pencil Course"
Learning Made Easy
Each course video is presented in HD. Watch and learn on your own time, at your own pace. There are no time limits for viewing. All 120+ hours of video instruction, 586 pages of ebooks, Live Lessons, and lesson plans are included with your membership!
"The Secrets to Drawing" video course is for beginner and intermediate artists and features over 300 minutes (5 Hours) of HD video instruction and 178 pages of eBooks covering the true essence of drawing including the elements and principles of art, and a variety of drawing media and techniques. (28 Modules)
- Video 1 - "Introduction"- An introduction to “The Secrets to Drawing” video series.
- Video 2 - "Line" - Contour, blind contour, line quality, and cross contour lines.
- Video 3 - "Shape" - Geometric and organic shapes, using shapes to draw objects.
- Video 4 - "Form" - Turning shapes into forms, using shadow to further the illusion.
- Video 5 - "Value" - Concepts explored include tints, shades, highlights and shadows, and creating the illusion of a light source.
- Video 6 - "Space" - Overlapping, size, value/color, detail, placement on the paper, and linear perspective.
- Video 7 - "One Point Perspective" - Concepts covered include horizon line, vanishing point, one point perspective.
- Video 8 - "Two Point Perspective" - How to create space using 2 vanishing points with perspective.
- Video 9 - "Three Point Perspective" - How to create space using 3 vanishing points with perspective.
- Video 10 - "Drawing Techniques" - Basic drawing techniques and suggested media including hatching, cross hatching, blending, rendering, random lines, and stippling.
- Video 11 - "Drawing from Life" - Still life lighting, using a view finder, and sighting.
- Video 12 - "Drawing from Photos" - Cropping and editing photos, drawing from a grid.
- Video 13 - "Composition" - How to draw thumbnails, positive/negative space, Plato’s Rule, The Rule of Thirds, The Golden Mean, eye movement, and focal points.
- Video 14 - "Graphite" - Graphite grades, characteristics, forms, and techniques.
- Video 15 - "Charcoal" - Charcoal forms and applications.
- Video 16 - "Drawing with Ink" - Ink wash, choosing ink, pen and ink applications with a nib pen.
- Video 17 - "Color" - Color value, intensity, schemes, and the psychological effects of color.
- Video 18 - "Colored Pencils" - Layering, mixing, burnishing, and adding details.
- Video 19 - "Oil Pastels" - Layering, mixing, and landscape drawing.
- Video 20 - "Soft Pastels" - Proper use of soft pastels including smudging and layering colors.
- Video 21 - "Facial Proportions" - General locations of facial features and placement relationships.
- Video 22 - "The Eye" - An in-depth look at drawing a realistic eye.
- Video 23 - "The Nose and the Mouth" - A look at drawing the nose and the mouth.
- Video 24 - "The Ear" - How to draw a realistic ear with graphite.
- Video 25 - "Hair" - How to draw realistic hair with graphite.
- Video 26 - "Basic Figure Drawing" - A simple four step method for drawing a figure.
- Video 27 - "Foreshortening" - Drawing the figure in perspective.
- Video 28 - "Conclusion" - A review of the course and a plan for moving forward.
"The Secrets to Drawing" Video Course is part of membership, but you are interested in the stand alone version of the course, it can be purchased here.
Members also learn from the "Pastel Landscape Mastery" video course - a complete course on drawing landscapes using pastels. This course provides the student with the most comprehensive approach to drawing landscapes with pastels through easy to understand modules.
- Video 1 - How to choose the right materials.
- Video 2 - How to create the illusion of space through atmospheric perspective using an ordered approach.
- Video 3 - How to paint a dramatic sky through color choice and composition.
- Video 4 - How to paint realistic trees and foliage in a landscape.
- Video 5 - How to paint realistic rocks and flowing water.
- Video 6 - How to paint architectural elements in a scene and create the illusion of details.
- Video 7 - How to use the mark to create the illusion of moving water.
- Video 8 - The power of using silhouettes in a landscape.
- Video 9 - Pastel Technique - Dry Wash.
- Video 10 - Pastel Technique - Wet Wash.
- Video 11 - Pastel Technique - Scumbling.
- Video 12 - Pastel Technique - Feathering.
- Video 13 - How to use the special properties of oil pastels to create a dramatic landscape.
- Video 14 - How to properly mat and frame your work.
- Video 15 - A conclusion to "Pastel Landscape Mastery".
Members also learn from the "Oil Painting Master Series" video course - a course designed for beginner and intermediate artists looking to get started with oil painting. This course provides an overview of the medium of oil painting and is taught by oil painter and instructor, Ashley Bane Hurst.
- Video 1 - Introduction to "Oil Painting Master Series".
- Video 2 - How to choose the right materials, their properties, and how to use them in oil painting. How to prepare a support - boards, stretching, and preparing canvas.
- Video 3 - How to layout your palette and mix complex colors. How to make your own oil paints from pure pigment.
- Video 4 - Pre-painting fundamentals.
- Video 5 - The secret to blending oil paint to create smooth transitions of value and color.
- Video 6 - How to create an underpainting.
- Video 7 - How to glaze color over an underpainting using the "Old Masters" technique.
- Video 8 - How to paint directly using observed colors.
- Video 9 - How to paint on a toned surface to create dramatic contrast.
- Video 10 - How to paint folded cloth.
- Video 11 - How to paint realistic clouds.
- Video 12 - How to paint a representational portrait Part 1.
- Video 13 - How to paint a representational portrait Part 2.
- Video 14 - How to paint Alla Prima (Wet into Wet).
- Video 15 - How to use a knife to create Impasto effects in a painting.
- Video 16 - How to paint as an Impressionist.
- Video 17 - How to approach a Non-Traditional painting (Non-Objective, Abstract).
- Video 18 - The secrets to creating reflection and transparency with oils.
- Video 19 - A conclusion to "Oil Painting Master Series".
"Oil Painting Master Series" is part of membership, but you are interested in the stand alone version of the course, it can be purchased here.
PLUS, Members gain access to "The Colored Pencil Course". This course is designed to guide absolute beginners and intermediate artists to a level of producing professional quality colored pencil drawings through concise and “easy to digest” modules that include HD videos and Ebooks.
"The Colored Pencil Course" features 22 modules with over 5 Hours of instruction and 146 pages of eBooks! All designed to help you learn how to master colored pencils.
- Video 1 - Materials and tools.
- Video 2 - Pencil pressure, application techniques, surface textures, and mixing "black".
- Video 3 - The magic of burnishing. How to apply solid areas of color.
- Video 4 - Value and underpainting.
- Video 5 - Using color theory in colored pencil drawings.
- Video 6 - Composition and still life.
- Video 7 - Reflection and transparency.
- Video 8 - Transferring images.
- Video 9 - Creating texture part 1.
- Video 10 - Creating texture part 2.
- Video 11 - Landscape drawing part 1 - Backgrounds.
- Video 12 - Landscape drawing part 2 - Middleground and foreground.
- Video 13 - Portrait drawing - eyes.
- Video 14 - Portrait drawing - the nose.
- Video 15 - Portrait drawing - the mouth.
- Video 16 - Portrait drawing - the face and ears.
- Video 17 - Portrait drawing - hair.
- Video 18 - Watercolor and colored pencils part 1.
- Video 19 - Watercolor and colored pencils part 2.
- Video 20 - Watercolor pencils part 1.
- Video 21 - Watercolor pencils part 2.
- Video 22 - Matting and framing, waxbloom.
You Also Get...
Your membership gives you access to weekly Live Lessons and all of the prerecorded lessons as well! Each week a new lesson is streamed LIVE for members. It's as close to a live class as you can get. Members are able to chat, ask questions, and make comments during the lesson. Subject matter and media vary from week to week, but requests are encouraged!
Most lessons occur on Thursday evenings at 8:00 PM EST, and if you can't make it - No problem. All of the lessons are recorded and posted within a few days of airing for members to stream or download.
Presently, Over 105 recorded lessons are available, with a new one added each week.
Members are able to download all of the videos offered at TheVirtualInstructor.com. Members can download the videos to their computer and watch them without an internet connection.
Put them on a flash drive, external drive, your computer, or burn them to a DVD. Create your own collection of lessons.
Presently, there are over 300 videos for members to download, with new videos added on a regular basis.
The first 12 lesson units (over one academic semester) are available now with more to be added to comprise an entire year’s course work.
These lessons are suitable for advanced middle school students to intermediate high school students.
Ready to get started? Join Today.
What members have to say...
"I've only been a member for a few days and have only begun to explore the course, but I am truly surprised at how much is packed into each lesson that I have encountered so far. I think that Matt's course can, perhaps, help one to compress several years worth of formal art instruction into several months by virtue of the course being concise and to the point. I hope so; I have many lost years to make up for." -Daniel
"Hi- I am an art instructor at three schools. I just wanted you to know that I have been showing many of your tutorials online in class. (Even in my 7-8th grade Jr High art class). In every school, these video tutorials have been VERY well received. I find I have great success with them and the students respond favorably to them. Thank you for the concise and knowledgeable tutorials. Keep them coming! With these at my disposal, even the student who struggles with art can succeed!" -Sue
"This is just a short message to thank you a million for this amazing course that you've put together and shared with the world. I love spending my evenings watching your videos. You provide solid instructions, your voice is so clear and soothing and your material caters for all sort of learning styles: from ebook to videos to try it yourself. BIG THANK YOU from Vancouver, Canada!!!" -Lara
"Just a quick note to say a HUGE thank you for your practical and clear tutorials. I have been getting back into drawing after many years of neglecting it and was feeling super depressed about how rusty I am. It has really helped my confidence to watch your videos and learn from you. For the first time in my life I have realized that drawing hands is actually totally manageable!" -Carolyn
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with membership after you purchase, simply contact me and I will be more than happy to refund your purchase – no questions asked! You can essentially try out membership risk free. I’m sure you’ll find that it helps you out, but if it doesn’t - you’re completely covered.
Check it out for $1!
Just click on the "Subscribe" button below...
First week, $1. After that $37 a year.
By becoming a member you agree to the terms and conditions.
SPECIAL NOTE: Upon verified payment, please check your email for login information.