The Charcoal Drawing Course: The Artist's Medium.
About this Course
In this course, we explore the traditional drawing medium of charcoal. Foundational principles of drawing are taught while creating a variety of drawings using various forms of charcoal on different surfaces. Each lesson builds on the last, easing you gently into more complex concepts.
What You'll Learn:
- The basic materials, tools, and surfaces for drawing with charcoal.
- Basic application techniques including layering, blending, erasing, and rendering.
- Observational drawing techniques.
- How to draw with accuracy using the grid technique.
- How to use white and black charcoal together on a toned surface.
- How to use various erasers to develop open spaces that translate as darker or lighter values.
- How to use texture to imply details in a drawing.
- How to transfer an image to a surface to ensure accuracy.
- How to control charcoal on a drawing surface.
Not all of us prefer to learn from watching videos. Some of us prefer to learn from books as well as videos, so ebooks are included as well. This course has been developed to accelerate learning by teaching to many different learning styles. Each course module includes an illustrated ebook that corresponds with the video. Every step and concept is clearly illustrated and described in each ebook.
What Students Say
"This is fabulous! I just discovered this brand new course starting right from the beginning as all the other (medium) courses. Love this teaching method." -Buddy
"I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THE VIRTUAL INSTRUCTOR!! Thank you for such tremendous content. Always positive, entertaining and super inspiring." -Helen
"What a great course. I’m so excited to get started. Thanks for sharing your expertise and gift." -Varania
"Thank you for this, and all your other courses – loving them." -Christina