- A question on graphite pencils and brands.
- A critique of a watercolor painting.
- A quote from Jock Ewing.
Isabelle's question deals with all of those graphite pencils, which brands are the best, and which pencils you really need. I suggest that you really don't need all of those pencils, just a few will do. Remember - every artist is different and we all have different approaches. You may use more of the pencil grades mentioned, or you may need fewer.
For more on the graphite grades and graphite in general, check out module 14 from "The Secrets to Drawing"
Graphite pencil brands mentioned in the video...
- Derwent Graphic Drawing Pencils
- Prismacolor Graphite Pencils
- Kimberly Graphite Drawing Pencils
- General's Layout Pencil
Thanks again to both Doug and Isabelle!
Here's how to participate...
1. Ask your Question - In the box below, you can record a question straight from your computer or device. Just click the button and start recording. (If you are on a tablet or mobile device, click on the link below to record your message.)
2. Upload your art for a critique (optional) - If you are interested in a critique, you can include a work of your art. It may be featured in "The Member's Minute". Fill out the boxes below with your name and email address. Type "Critique" in the subject line. Then, under "Attachment", choose your image file and upload it. (Please make sure to keep your image files under 1 MB.) *Be sure to click the submit button when you have filled out all of the fields.