TheVirtualInstructor.com Forum

Gorilla finished today.

Kelley

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
Gorilla finished today.
« on: January 27, 2014, 04:02:39 PM »
It's taken me a week, but I've finally completed the gorilla from Matt's drawing course today. What a challenge! It's not something I would have ever chosen to do on my own, but I am glad Matt challenged me out of my comfort zone. I've learned a lot about hair and I had never known or thought of drawing from a grid, which really helped organize the work for me! Thanks for a great tutorial, Matt!   :)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 05:17:23 PM by Kelley »

Ladyeight29

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Gorilla finished today.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 05:11:10 PM »
That is wonderful!! Great job ;D

• Matt
  • +15/-1
  • I draw.
    • View Profile
    • TheVirtualInstructor.com
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 06:25:06 PM »
Awesome Job, Kelley!

Kelley

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 01:30:09 AM »
Thank you, Matt. It was such a challenge, but I enjoyed every minute of it! I don't know how you can do such a drawing in one sitting (I am assuming you did so) because I could work on the gorilla for about an hour at a time. After an hour, I'd begin to lose focus and start to rush, ruining the work, so I would stop working and stay away until the next day. Consequently it took about 1.5 weeks to complete. I'm currently doing the same thing with the colored pencil turtle. The burnishing makes my hand really tired, so I have to quit after an hour. I expect the turtle to take at least as long as the gorilla. Matt, thank you so much for putting up your site and for making your teaching talents available to the world! It's greatly appreciated!!  :)