TheVirtualInstructor.com Forum

Horse drawing with a pencil

Lena

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
Horse drawing with a pencil
« on: January 16, 2014, 07:42:34 PM »
Hi,

I am new here and come from Germany. I only just stumpled over this great site and hope to get many inspirations and ideas for my own work. Unfortunately my English skills are not very good and improvable, but I hope you can understand the most of all. If not, please feel free to ask me. :)

Now I would like to post here one of my last pencil drawings which I made in our last vacation, but I don't know how... I read the "How to upload-thread" and I followed the instructions (my pic size is less than 500 KB). But somehow it doesn't work. :( So if someone can help me, that would be nice, thanks!

Btw, these days I begun experimenting with pastel painting for the very first time. Incredible! It presents myself whole new possibilities... I like that very much (but I have a lot to do to practise that ;)).

EDIT: Oh, only just this minute I am seeing that it worked well with the pic upload. :D
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 07:44:41 PM by Lena »

Raybrite

• +11/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Horse drawing with a pencil
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 12:01:58 AM »
That looks very good.
Have you tried color or other mediums like ink?
Ken

Lena

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 09:22:52 AM »
That looks very good.
Have you tried color or other mediums like ink?
Ken

Thank you, Ken! :)

Yes, but just a few times. For some years ago I started with acrylic paint, and then, last year, I painted my first and only one oil painting (it shows a black lusitano). But mostly I use(d) pencils or charcoal f. e. for portaits or so. With ink I am unfamiliar. Now I am keening on pastels... 8)

Here some other paintings, first is with charcoal, second with acrylic paint and the last is the lusitano in oil. Sorry for the reflexions which results from the glazing.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 06:14:11 PM by Lena »

• Matt
  • +14/-1
  • I draw.
    • View Profile
    • TheVirtualInstructor.com
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 01:42:49 AM »
Excellent work, Lena!  Very expressive portrait!

Kelley

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 11:36:29 AM »
Lena, your work is beautiful. The horses are very nice, the hair very realistic. I am new to art so I cannot say too much more. :)