TheVirtualInstructor.com Forum

Soft Pastel Portrait

Aussie

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Soft Pastel Portrait
« on: July 07, 2013, 04:47:21 AM »
Hi Everyone
I would like to introduce myself I have just started to do drawings. I have not done any since doing art at high school.
Don't get me wrong I love art and always have, but my mother was the artist in our family so I shied away from it.
Recently my mother passed away since then I have had a desire to learn how to draw and paint. I suppose this has been my way of staying connected to someone who I loved and admired. I guess we all have our reasons for doing art and I would love to here them.

Also here is my drawing on soft pastel portrait. I have done the eye to big but I would love some comments on it thanks
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 11:20:23 AM by Aussie »

Jilly

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Soft Pastel Portrait
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 01:23:32 AM »
Soft pastels are a medium that I have never tried, but they seem like they might be another wonderful way to draw.  Aussie, I like the colors that you used here on this portrait, which gives a sense of aliveness, somehow. I think we create art with the emotions we have inside us, even things we are not aware of. Keep going! :)

Kelley

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 12:18:40 PM »
You may have done the eye out of proportion, however overall the portrait is lovely, especially the use of color and contrast. I hope you are still drawing! It's been a while since you've shared. Please share more! :)

Ladyeight29

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 01:12:42 PM »
I am very new to the art world I like graphite working my way to colored pencils. The pastel colors you used show a lot about you as an artist. I think the bright colors tell us you are moving into a brighter and happier times. I love it.