TheVirtualInstructor.com Forum

Advice Matt? And anybody else! :)

bluse_artwork

• +7/-0
  • Passion Makes Perfect
    • View Profile
Advice Matt? And anybody else! :)
« on: May 05, 2015, 06:17:08 AM »
So first off this isn't a pity session for myself lol. But I feel as though a lot of my artwork looks alike, and its not necessarily a good thing. Whether it be landscape drawings or anything, I feel as they all have some of the same aspects to it, although its hard to point out, that make it look like 'my' work. For example, improper blending, or contrast isn't right, or to stiff of a drawing. I feel like I see so many peoples work and its flawless, without any of the things I struggle with, and I can't help but think my work will always suffer from this, and anybody will be able to spot my work due to these 'flaws'. I know, practice makes perfect, ect... and I firmly believe in that. But does anybody have some input or advice they could give me to help my artwork improve? One thing I tell myself is switch up what I do, for example, try drawing a cloud or tree different each time so it doesn't always look the same, which I think is one of the most important way to improve is trying new things, but any kind of help or advice would be appreciated! :) Thanks!

-Nick
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 06:19:12 AM by bluse_artwork »

• Matt
  • +15/-1
  • I draw.
    • View Profile
    • TheVirtualInstructor.com
Re: Advice Matt? And anybody else! :)
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 03:01:57 AM »
Hi Nick,
Thanks for posting this.  You are definitely not alone in your thoughts. I think many of us struggle with this.  I am going to write a post about this because there's a lot to say and I think others will benefit from the answer. I will be publishing this post hopefully tomorrow.

• Matt
  • +15/-1
  • I draw.
    • View Profile
    • TheVirtualInstructor.com
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 12:14:55 PM »

bluse_artwork

• +7/-0
  • Passion Makes Perfect
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 04:42:55 AM »
Hey Matt,

Sorry for the late reply, didn't see this until now! But thank you so much for writing this. Your advice is always so helpful and inspiring.