TheVirtualInstructor.com Forum

Eye Prismacolor tutorial

Carla

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Eye Prismacolor tutorial
« on: March 22, 2015, 02:43:24 AM »
Hi all..my first post here. I followed along with Matt's tutorial for the prismacolor eye tutorial. It's the first time I'd used my new prismas and I found it a little challenging. I've completed a few more drawings now and have got the feel of it better. But here is my first attempt! :)

isanbill

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Eye Prismacolor tutorial
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 05:16:37 PM »
This looks great. I love the way you drew the eye lashes and the proportion of the eye lid compared to the overall picture. The colors are great too, love the blue. It looks very realistic.

Carla

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 09:31:44 PM »
This looks great. I love the way you drew the eye lashes and the proportion of the eye lid compared to the overall picture. The colors are great too, love the blue. It looks very realistic.

Thanks heaps for the feedback! I can see where I need to improve i.e.: blending the colours more but I'll get there. Matt your tutorials are awesome btw!  :D

jacydraws

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 06:48:04 PM »
I like it very much.  The eye looks real. the overall appearance is easy on the eye.

• Matt
  • +14/-1
  • I draw.
    • View Profile
    • TheVirtualInstructor.com
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 02:55:30 PM »
Wow Carla! Awesome first attempt with Prismacolors!!  Your eye is amazing and you did a great job creating the lashes and brow to look realistic! I'm impressed and keep up the good work! Can't wait to see more of your work!

MarcelaMi

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Eye Prismacolor tutorial
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 10:58:16 AM »
thanks for sharing Edeina  I will waiting with pleasure and I hope that you will found a solution for this eye tutorial in the future

Tracey

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 11:55:19 AM »
Your eye is fantastic - I love the colours its very realistic. Well done!

yarickSt

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Eye Prismacolor tut
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 05:24:37 AM »
I am trying to learn the Eye Tutorial and I looked in Tools, but I cant find ModifierInitalize anywhere?  Can anyone tell me how to get there?

Mrs Doodler

• +7/-0
  • student artist studying Matt's video courses :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2015, 06:20:01 PM »
 :) that's really good especially for first time using prismacolor pencils, I've just actually ordered some to try and have a go at some coloured pencil lessons Matt posts.
I've just also came to his turtle in coloured pencils lesson in secrets to drawing course and this will be my 1st go with coloured pencils, I'll post it up on here once I do it.

KleinerE

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Eye Prismacolor tutorial
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2015, 04:24:37 AM »
anyone figure out how to rotate an eye on its pivot? I have to draw my gizmo...rotate...then move it back into place. Any got any better ideas?

Kajury

• +0/-0
  • Still a work in progress!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2015, 02:27:25 PM »
Incredible picture of an eye, Carla!  Fabulous job.  I particularly like the shading in the white of the eye.