TheVirtualInstructor.com Forum

Pastel Landscape

Kevans50

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
Pastel Landscape
« on: March 10, 2015, 10:32:49 AM »
I've been working on a few pastel paintings and this is my most satisfying effort so far. As always, comments and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks, Kris

Alan Green

• +23/-2
    • View Profile
    • Rollmop Music
Re: Pastel Landscape
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 05:18:20 PM »
I like it very much.

isanbill

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 05:31:19 PM »
I like it. The perspective is really good. The composition forces the eye to go up toward the upper right of the drawing.
It seems, though, that the road stops abruptly. Also, the thin tree on the upper right has a line going across the trunk. I am not sure if that was intended. It looks like a green cloud coming across the tree.
Neither of these 2 little things detract from the beauty of the drawing.
I like a lot the colors you chose, especially for the wheat, and the way you show movement with the different values.
Isabelle

Kevans50

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 09:21:12 AM »
Thanks for your comments. I struggled a bit with what to do with the road & hoped it would look like it just faded out in the distance. Guess not! Also trees are supposed to be behind a bit of fog but maybe the attempt at fog isn't as successful as it should be.

isanbill

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 05:31:38 PM »
Thanks for your comments. I struggled a bit with what to do with the road & hoped it would look like it just faded out in the distance. Guess not! Also trees are supposed to be behind a bit of fog but maybe the attempt at fog isn't as successful as it should be.

The color of the fog threw me off, I think. I see it a little greenish. Maybe if it is a little more grey, it would help. But that could be just my perception of color. I hope it helps. Isabelle