TheVirtualInstructor.com Forum

All of the really nice work

gms9810

• +19/-1
    • View Profile
    • My site (one of them anyway)
All of the really nice work
« on: March 07, 2015, 07:47:28 PM »
After seeing the really good work posted by people I see just how lousy mine is. Maybe in a year or so mine will be good enough so I probably won't post much until I feel qualified.

isanbill

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
Re: All of the really nice work
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 05:38:56 AM »
It would be a shame for you to stop posting your work. I was going through the forum and found some wonderful drawings that you posted: "Shirley", "thorns" and the 2 eagles. I know I could not draw the animals the way you did!

I could not draw a house a year ago and now I try my hand at drawing lamps, flowers, rocks. They don't always come out good but I try!

Don't get discouraged by the quality of other people drawings, you don't know how long they've been doing it. Keep at it and you will improve.  ;)

gms9810

• +19/-1
    • View Profile
    • My site (one of them anyway)
Re: All of the really nice work
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 10:26:55 PM »
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I had a drawing that I was actually quite happy with, which is very rare for me. Then I watched all three of the member's minute and suddenly I saw how pathetic my drawing was. Then Matt pointed out some areas for improvement in them, and I thought they were perfect already. I realized then that I'm lightyears away from being good enough to put my drawings in with everyone elses. Since this is the members only section I'll post that drawing just to show how pitiful it is, and it embarrasses me to even do this here. There are two things I can say in my defense: 1 - I've only been drawing for about a year and 2 - There was no reference drawing or model, I just started drawing and she is the result, she doesn't exist.