TheVirtualInstructor.com Forum

Pastel pencil "White Flowers"

wosborne

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Pastel pencil "White Flowers"
« on: February 02, 2015, 10:24:30 PM »
This is my version of the "White Flowers" from a few weeks ago. I admit that I did not use just pastel pencils, but a full range of pastels. I used Prismacolor's Nupastels as my hard base pastels, Mungyo as my mediums, Jack Richardson's as my top soft (especially the bright white), and lastly Stabilo CarbOthello pastel pencils all on black Fabriano Tiziano Paper. I had a blast doing this piece. This is best that I have done using pastels. I have learned to really love them. I finally figured out how to push the pastel around effectively using a mini clay silicon shapers. They are the best tool I've found for pastels.

Let me know what you think!
Wayne

dmseberg

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Pastel pencil "White Flowers"
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 09:59:30 AM »
Wayne,

Your drawing is exceptional.  The shading, the gradation, the color accuracy all make your drawing look superb. I've been prepping to draw from this lesson myself.  I've got some Faber Castell Pitt Pastel pencils and some Black Strathmore Series 400 paper ready to go.  Perhaps I'll get some of the silicon shapers as well, I can envision how they could be useful. I hope my version turns out half as good as yours.

Well Done!!

Dave

jcunningham

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Pastel pencil "White Flowers"
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 12:02:03 PM »
Looks great .  I appreciate the comment on the tool--think I'll get one for myself. Thanks for sharing.