TheVirtualInstructor.com Forum

Damaged drawing needs a fix

SkyRiverBlue

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
Damaged drawing needs a fix
« on: January 25, 2015, 08:35:35 PM »
I am working on a large (30 x 24) pencil drawing with Prismacolor on a buff-colored Mi Teintes paper. I put many hours of work into it, am about halfway through, and then accidentally dropped an object on it, leaving a nice dent right in the middle of the focal point.

The paper doesn't appear to be torn, but the dent is very noticeable when light hits it from off-center. This is a special piece for a family member and I can't bear the thought of having to start over.

Anyone have an idea of how I can fix this without making it worse? Thanks for any help!

• Matt
  • +14/-1
  • I draw.
    • View Profile
    • TheVirtualInstructor.com
Re: Damaged drawing needs a fix
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 11:11:09 PM »
Hi SkyRiverBlue,

Sorry I'm late on this one.  Is the paper completely punctured?  If so, you can tape the back with acid free tape and then flatten the drawing by placing a cover sheet down over it and then a heavy flat object, like a large book.  Not sure if it will work, but it may help a little.

SkyRiverBlue

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Damaged drawing needs a fix
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 11:51:28 PM »
It's not punctured, just extremely dented. I hadn't thought of placing something on it to flatten it -- right now the drawing is still taped to my illustration board. I'll try that idea after the piece is completed... that ought to help. Thanks for the suggestion!