TheVirtualInstructor.com Forum

video photo reference

video photo reference
« on: February 10, 2013, 04:08:28 PM »
Some of the videos have a photo reference and many do not.  When I am following the video and trying to copy the work it is very difficult not to have the photo reference.  I would prefer to use the reference and not the drawing done by the instructor.  With the reference it would be my take on the photo and not the instructors.  Also, I would like to see more of the actual movement of the media use (colored pencil, graphite, etc.)  I can not always discern just how a particular detail is made.  This I guess is basic information but very important.  Some of the videos are speeded up so fast it is difficult to see just how it is done.  I am working with colored pencil now. :)

• Matt
  • +15/-1
  • I draw.
    • View Profile
    • TheVirtualInstructor.com
Re: video photo reference
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 09:52:09 PM »
Hi Janefairlight,

That is a great point.  In the future I will post links to all of the photo references that I use.  Thanks for the suggestion!

forestfaery

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: video photo reference
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 11:52:06 PM »
i'm looking forward to having a photo reference also! it will help my mind be able to put together the lines you're creating with what they look like in real life so that i'll be able to use the technique later, even in different positions...for example, i loved the lip & nose tutorial, but having a photo reference would be helpful so that i can understand why you're deciding to use certain lines in certain places... thank you!! :)