Share Your Work...

• Matt
  • +15/-1
  • I draw.
    • View Profile
    • TheVirtualInstructor.com
Share Your Work...
« on: December 12, 2014, 09:09:25 PM »
I love to see what you guys create.  If you followed one of the Live Lessons, course modules, or tutorials, post your work here for critique and comments.

Mousse

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Share Your Work...
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 03:11:31 PM »
Hello, here's my first colored pencil try: cherries from the tutorial. I have some problem when I try to add the little highlight white line, the color doesn't "stick" to my drawing. What's wrong or what do I forget to do ?

Genie

• +2/-0
  • I teach
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 03:13:05 PM »
What coloured pencils are you using?

Joshuami

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Share Your
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 11:07:51 PM »
If you have used Creation to the Greeks, we would love to hear from you. What have been some of your experiences? How has the program affected your family?

moiras.mom

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 05:35:45 PM »
just beginning. bootcamps 2 and 3.

bottle is digital, sphere is grahite

heroicsmudge

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 06:28:26 PM »
This is my attempt at the sky project in pastel landscapes. I had a really hard time with the sun rays in the center under the clouds towards the ocean.

I just started learning pastels and am loving it. Thanks for all your awesome videos  :D

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

tcwhit

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2016, 03:59:44 AM »
I'm not too ecstatic with the sphere, going to have to keep working on that. I'm ok with the paintbrush, although I'm doing more of those, too. I really don't like the paper texture though. I'm currently using Strathmore sketch paper, fine tooth (or so it says) 400. I really think I'd like something with less tooth. Any suggestions?

moiras.mom

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2016, 11:28:53 PM »
oil pastels over the past couple of weeks. Never done them before.

get@VI

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2016, 09:08:05 PM »
Quote from:  link=topic=270.msg1528#msg1528 date=1418418565
I love to see what you guys create.  If you followed one of the Live Lessons, course modules, or tutorials, post your work here for critique and comments.
I am trying to make myself learn how to use the forum.  I have more luck with the art lessons.  This picture won first prize at our local fair, but I kind of think there weren't any others in the soft pastel category.  It was one of the first landscapes I attempted.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 09:13:46 PM by get@VI »

LeslieF

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2016, 03:39:19 AM »
This is my first colored pencil attempt (from Lesson 3, Burnishing). I don't have prismacolor pencils, so I'm not sure if my reds are right. Also, I'm not sure I got the correct side of my Bristol paper. I learned to trust the process...I was sure I completely wrecked it when I did the first dark umber layer. I also learned to scale down...I used up A LOT of red! Loved the process (I took about 14 hours compared to your 20 minute video) and can't wait to try it again now that I know what to expect. I'm actually pretty happy with this for a first attempt.

LeslieF

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Share Your Work.. Underpainting for colored pencils
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2016, 05:29:42 AM »
Here are my apples from the underpainting lesson. Funny thing: I thought from the photo reference, that I'd be drawing Golden Delicious, but I ended up with Granny Smiths! I think I may be a bit overzealous and/or heavy-handed when it comes to applying the browns.

brendasedore

• +6/-0
    • View Profile
    • Brenda Sedore
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2016, 01:42:16 AM »
I did the bird in graphite and white charcoal tutorial, though I did it from my own photo reference. Really enjoyed this one. I love drawing birds.