TheVirtualInstructor.com Forum

colored penciled drawings

moman58

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
colored penciled drawings
« on: October 16, 2014, 02:11:05 AM »
These are my first attempts at drawing since my deployment 6 years ago. I'm getting good effects with the colored pencils but I have not consistency or control when I need it just when I stumble upon it. Any suggestions?

Holt

• +6/-1
    • View Profile
Re: colored penciled drawings
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 05:14:02 PM »
moman58,
I really like your colored pencil drawings especially the first one. Oh WOW, what a great drawing. I love everything about it, the doll looks so soft and huggable and the crocheted lace doily she is sitting on is so exquisite. The flowers are well done, though the wings are a bit bright for me so I would add some blue to create shadows or to define them more. Two thumbs up moman, Job well done!  PS I noticed you mentioned deployment, what branch of military are you in?  I want to say THANK YOU for portecting us and serving our country.  GOD bless you always!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 05:22:47 PM by Holt »

Royz

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 07:19:14 PM »
Beautiful work!

Alan Green

• +23/-2
    • View Profile
    • Rollmop Music
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 06:51:59 AM »
Yeah - the first one has Children's book cover/ illustration written all over it.

moman58

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 03:53:28 AM »
Thanks for the comments, I am grateful. I hope to get better photos in the future, its kind of hard to see the drawings well. (is that good grammer ?) Im looking forward getting back into Art after so many years so im looking to get some good advice and direction. and Ms Holt for your question I was in the Army, I am now Retired. thanks and keep drawing.