TheVirtualInstructor.com Forum

Question or opinions?

GMS 9810

Question or opinions?
« on: October 06, 2014, 10:44:33 PM »
I've tried several times to paint, either oil or acrylic, with horrible results. I knew I could control the brush and I have a pretty good grasp of color theory so what was the problem? I can draw/paint pretty well with my Wacom but not with my easel. Therein is the problem. I found that I simply cannot paint on a vertical surface. Once I put my canvas on a table, flat I started having immediate improvements. Hence my question: Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone have thoughts or opinions on the matter?

Alan Green

• +23/-2
    • View Profile
    • Rollmop Music
Re: Question or opinions?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 05:33:09 AM »
The general consensus is that with the canvas on an easel you get the whole arm involved in moving your brush around the canvas, not just the wrist and hand; so it's worth persevering.

Raybrite

• +12/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Question or opinions?
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 12:31:05 PM »
 Alan is right. If you want to use the Wacom and do digital you will get good at that  however, If you want to get good with canvas or paper and Acrylics, watercolor, oil or any other medium, you will need to practice, practice, practice until it comes back to you.
 Digital is good. It cam reproduce things just like the other mediums but you need to develop your talents in the medium that you are going to use.
 Sorry to say but that takes a lot of practice to master.