TheVirtualInstructor.com Forum

Rhodie the Corgi in colored pencil

SkyRiverBlue

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
Rhodie the Corgi in colored pencil
« on: September 30, 2014, 05:44:12 AM »
Decided to do a portrait of my own pup to learn hair and texture skills with colored pencils. This took maybe 6 hours with all the color layering but what fun... Just get in the zone and draw! Matt, thanks for the tip about embossing whiskers. Draw them, use a stylus to press them into the paper, then you can add other colors right over them without losing them. Awesome tip. I am attaching my drawing and the original. Comments and critiques totally welcome... I want to get better!

MLH

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Rhodie the Corgi in colored pencil
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 07:09:54 AM »
you did a great job with this artwork. Looks fabulous!

Holt

• +6/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 07:12:24 AM »
Oh by goodness... your colored pencil drawing of "Rhodie" looks so life like... I LOVE it, what a wonderful job! The fur look real.  Two thumbs up  :)

• Matt
  • +15/-1
  • I draw.
    • View Profile
    • TheVirtualInstructor.com
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 11:47:41 PM »
Decided to do a portrait of my own pup to learn hair and texture skills with colored pencils. This took maybe 6 hours with all the color layering but what fun... Just get in the zone and draw! Matt, thanks for the tip about embossing whiskers. Draw them, use a stylus to press them into the paper, then you can add other colors right over them without losing them. Awesome tip. I am attaching my drawing and the original. Comments and critiques totally welcome... I want to get better!

I'm glad the tip helped you out.  Beautiful job with the drawing.  I love the purple throughout!

craftyaj

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 06:37:58 PM »
Absolutely fabulous!  Wish I was a tenth as good with cp.  The only thing I would do is make those brown eyes a bit larger.  The photo doesn't show as much white of the eye as you have drawn

Fantastic work.  And those pebbles.... wow.