TheVirtualInstructor.com Forum

Other programs?

GMS 9810

Other programs?
« on: September 11, 2014, 03:22:09 AM »
I can't afford Illustrator and although I use Xara Designer pro I don't really use it for 'artistic' drawing. I was wondering if there is a possibility of adding other drawing programs in the future? I mainly use Artrage, which is a pay for type program but I also use Gimp, Mypaint, and Krita, all of which are powerful, popular and free.

KennethEr

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
    • дети
Other prog
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 07:12:54 PM »
I'm new to the HDR stuff and want to start getting into it. The cost of photoshop is something I cannot afford right now. Are there any other options?

Thanks

WanWonk

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Other programs
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 11:44:29 PM »
Im not sure if I can ask this or not, but Im wondering if there are other legitimate affiliate programs out there that I dont already know of?  Im currently using CJ, Linkshare and Amazon.

blendbloke

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Other programs?
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 11:45:11 AM »
I use photoshop and artrage often. I worked on corel painter too. I think that artrage is aaffordable and really powerfull. Used with good tablet (intuos pro in my case) gives really great products.

Raybrite

• +12/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 12:10:20 PM »
 Krita, click studio pro( the same as manga5), gimp,blender and many are out there.
You can find more on the Construct2 forum under tools and resources.
I am doing animations now but these sent me back here because you will still need good drawing skills to do digital art.
A program cannot substitute for skills.
Hope this helps
Ken

hiloboy

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 07:17:50 PM »
Hi, i have been useing adobe for many years but the cost is makeing it hard to stay with them. the program i have been useing now is Affinity designer and Affinity photo..cost about $100. for both one time..

Ac6wu

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 04:48:54 PM »
How about Procreate? It's more than affordable and seems to be extremely popular. I've been using it exclusively after trying out at least a dozen others. As with all programs, there are a few downsides but all the upsides with Procreate more than make up for them.  ;)

izzychase

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 03:24:27 AM »
I use Inkscape in place of illustrator, Krita for hardcore digital painting, and GIMP for almost everything.  They are all awesome and free.

GIMP is pretty amazing for a free program.  If one were so inclined, they could use it professionally and the end viewer will never be able to tell the difference between something worked in photoshop, or something worked in GIMP.

Gimp requires a little more tech saavy than photoshop to get the same level of professionalism sometimes, but hey...  FREE, and FREE addons!  Tonnes of them!!! 

Hope this helps,

Izzy