TheVirtualInstructor.com Forum

Barn Behind Fence

DeathOfTheSoul

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
Barn Behind Fence
« on: September 07, 2014, 08:05:24 PM »
My first colored pencil, not the best but its a start.

Elhenfr

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
    • My Flick Gallery
Re: Barn Behind Fence
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 10:42:39 AM »
My first colored pencil, not the best but its a start.

I find the texture of wood particularly well rendered. Good luck in learning colored pencils!

DeathOfTheSoul

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 11:47:46 AM »
The fence took the longest to draw. I wish Matt would do more land scapes in colored pencils. Thats going be my main medium for while.

dj1304

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 12:10:20 AM »
love the wood rendering as well.  i would even carry that back to the barn to weather it a bit and darken (or lighten) the roof to push it away from the fence a bit.  i love the idea of using the fence as a frame for the barn.  might throw in some brighter yellows and greens to give the tree and grassy areas some punch.  really nice first attempt.  you're braver than i am and have a lot more patience!  keep up the good work!

Royz

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 09:54:12 PM »

The fence took the longest to draw. I wish Matt would do more land scapes in colored pencils. Thats going be my main medium for while.
I would like to see that also, my colored pencil artwork (?) sucks!

Roy

DeathOfTheSoul

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 06:29:10 PM »
love the wood rendering as well.  i would even carry that back to the barn to weather it a bit and darken (or lighten) the roof to push it away from the fence a bit.  i love the idea of using the fence as a frame for the barn.  might throw in some brighter yellows and greens to give the tree and grassy areas some punch.  really nice first attempt.  you're braver than i am and have a lot more patience!  keep up the good work!
thanks for your advice, i may draw the picture a 2nd time using your input.