TheVirtualInstructor.com Forum

Abstract Art

mjshaw718

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Abstract Art
« on: July 05, 2014, 01:34:15 AM »
Watched the live abstract lesson here are a couple of tries :)

• Matt
  • +15/-1
  • I draw.
    • View Profile
    • TheVirtualInstructor.com
Re: Abstract Art
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 12:45:10 PM »
Hi mjshaw!

Thanks for sharing!  The image on top is really fantastic.  I'm curious to know the process that you used to create the abstraction.  Would you mind sharing?

Thanks,
Matt

mjshaw718

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 01:07:45 AM »
Hi Matt,

I must confess that I drew the chihuahua but my daughter was watching your video with me
and she did the top one which was an abstraction of a native american dancer in a traditional feather costume. I'll let her
describe her processes:

I knew I didn't want to paint a person, but rather to capture the energy and movement of the image. I worked one section at a time, focusing on the blending of the colors with the movement. I used inktense pencils and pen and ink in different colors to create a layered look, and adding detail with the line art (that lended to a native american feel). To me, by overlapping some of the layers, it helped give a bit of dimension and plays with the eyes a bit the same as when your eyes try to understand all the movement of the fringe and feathers from the costume.

Sve

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 09:11:13 PM »

Your daugther drawing is incredible. I like it very much. She seems to be very creative.