TheVirtualInstructor.com Forum

The 1st ever in my life pencil drawing

Holt

• +6/-1
    • View Profile
The 1st ever in my life pencil drawing
« on: July 01, 2014, 12:09:41 AM »
Hi Mr.Matt,
I have to tell you, I found your website 2 days  ago ...I signed up for your newsletter and received the free sample links... the video I watched I think was 11 where you talked about using the 8 x 10  x 1 grid on a photo... I thought to myself now this might be doable, all I have to do is just draw small bits of the photo at a time, I have never drawn anything in my life before except stick figures.  I mustard up the courage and gave it a try ...now mind you it really don't look like the person in the photo but I became so excited that I was able to draw something I signed up and became a member of your website today. I know there are a lot of mistakes and my eyes are not yet trained but the way I see it, things can only get better I can't wait to learn.  Thank you so much! Your a blessing!
-Ms Holt

• Matt
  • +14/-1
  • I draw.
    • View Profile
    • TheVirtualInstructor.com
Re: The 1st ever in my life pencil drawing
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 01:00:01 PM »
Hi Ms. Holt!

Wow!  Thank you so much for sharing this!  This is awesome!  There truly is no limit to where you can take your drawing and painting skills.  I wish you the best on your journey and I hope that I can help you on your way.

Thanks,
Matt

SkyRiverBlue

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 05:30:29 AM »
This drawing is so full of light and soul, Holt. I can't wait to see more of your work.

Holt

• +6/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 06:15:38 AM »
Wow!  Thank you very much SkyRiverBlue, for your kind words.  I am thinking of re-doing this photo to see if I can get it to look like the person in the picture. I need more practice drawing though, I hope to get there.  :)  I'll post the Reference photo along with the update when I re-do it.
Thanks again

SkyRiverBlue

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 05:44:15 AM »
That will be fun to see... Do post it if you do it! I just did a portrait that I thinks is good, but I am going to go back and redo it a second time, maybe a third, to see what else I can learn from it. I have a feeling that practicing repeatedly with the same photo might help improve my drawing skills and allow me to start to develop a unique style.

jodebode

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 03:43:36 AM »
Terrific work in pencil, well, any medium for that matter. The detail is incredible. The right eye is a bit out of position but then so are the eyes in my own work as I am learning too. I am looking forwarding to to seeing more of your work. Well, done.

Holt

• +6/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 06:45:26 AM »
Thank you jodebode, for your kind words and encouragement.