TheVirtualInstructor.com Forum

KRYLON Workable Fixatif

Janet

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
KRYLON Workable Fixatif
« on: February 24, 2014, 05:44:26 PM »
I am working on a colored pencil portrait, my first one, and am inquiring about KRYLON workable fixatif...has anyone used this product and is it safe with colored pencils...also I have a few ERASER marks on my drawing, will this stuff, being "workable" help reduce the eraser marks. I am only asking because my drawing is so close to being done and has taken so long to get this far...help please???

Wind Dancer

• +3/-0
  • "I am easily satisfied with the very best."
    • View Profile
Re: KRYLON Workable Fixatif
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 10:37:20 AM »
Hi Janet. . . .I have used Kryklon on graphite portraits without any problems, but have not doe so on CP. My suggestion. . .until someone with more information jumps in, is to put your CP portrait in a standard frame under glass. Then, no worries! :)

Kdeutschmann

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: KRYLON Workable Fixatif
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 04:11:46 PM »
Hi Janet,

I have used Workable Fixative on my coloured pencil portraits, and it is simple and effective.  Just bought 2 cons of Krylon in the States ...about a third the price than in Canada. 

Make sure your surface is clean and then have your drawing upright, then spray about 30 cm away from one side to the other, top to bottom.  Don't overdo it, rather spray, let dry, and spray again.  I spray about 3 times.  The beauty of the workable fixative is that you can still apply more colour afterwards. 

Once you spray, then the worry of smudging, finger grease marks, and wax bloom is over!

Hope that helps.

Kirk