TheVirtualInstructor.com Forum

Generals layout pencils

Mrs Doodler

• +7/-0
  • student artist studying Matt's video courses :)
    • View Profile
Generals layout pencils
« on: July 22, 2015, 05:47:14 PM »
Hi all, hope everyones well  :-)
I've managed to get myself a couple of packs of two general's layout pencils :-)
Good old eBay as I wasn't sure how to get them over here in the UK.
I get my art stuff on a couple of proper Online art shops and they didn't have them.
I know Matt raves about them a lot and they have come today just in time to do my next portrait, a people portrait as I've done an animal portrait recently.

I've had a play with marks and they feel very velvety plus I got some Conte a Paris pencils in a tin and they are really nice pencils, graphite.I've not a drawing yet with them but I've tried them out and they feel quite velvety too so see how I go :-)

Daniel Y

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Generals layout pencils
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 05:02:00 PM »
I would suggest you get Koh I noor brand pencils. as for velvety texture that has more to do with your stroke, how you apply the graphite than the brand of pencil. apply with light pressure this avoids damage to the paper. graphite shine is a result of damage paper not graphite quality.

P55

• +14/-0
  • Linda
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 02:48:57 PM »
Hi Mrs. Doodler! I found Generals pencils of all sorts including the Generals Layout Pencil on Amazon USA. I thought you might try Amazon UK if you haven't already. Good Luck!

Teerawut

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 10:23:23 AM »
What is it? Or set to play.