TheVirtualInstructor.com Forum

Solvents and thinners experiment

Solvents and thinners experiment
« on: September 18, 2017, 11:30:10 AM »
Hi
Because I  cannot get turpenoid here in Gibraltar I decided to do an experiment.
I chose Silvine paper 130gsm acid free for it as it was cheap and I wanted to see how everything would react. I placed two layers of Derwent coloursoft Ultramarine C290 with a medium pressure which are waxed based and then I cut the paper in strips left one as it was and went around the house looking for alternatives to use as blenders and included the normal ones in this list too.   The photos are the result of this study after the strips were dried I added a layer of ultramarine in a different direction with a light layer to see the effect.  Here are the pictures for you to see.

Humburger

• +9/-0
  • Nature is God's art. -- Dante
    • View Profile
    • Virginia C. McCoy Fine Art
Re: Solvents and thinners experiment
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 04:08:28 AM »
It sounds like a very nice experiment, but I cannot read your papers or see the colors very well.  It was a good idea, though, and very nice of you to want to share it with the forum.

Re: Solvents and thinners experiment
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 11:51:39 AM »
Hi
I couldn't upload the photos any bigger because the forum wouldn't let me  in order I used Optrex, Miscellar water, Nailvarnish remover, Derwent colour soft white pencil using hard pressure, Teatree lotion, Ethanol, white spirit, Derwent colour soft cream pencil, Q tip, baby oil, 96% volume rubbing alcohol, universal solvent, turpentine the kind they sell for house decoration, Derwent colourless pencil blender, chameleon pen blender and last distilled turpentine maybe I can photograph half the page then the other half and it might make the strips clearer any suggestions welcome. Thanks