Thanks you all for watching.

Humburger

• +9/-0
  • Nature is God's art. -- Dante
    • View Profile
    • Virginia C. McCoy Fine Art
Re: Oil Pastels Trees from course Pastel Landscapes Module 4
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 12:42:29 PM »
That is beautiful!  The only thing I think could be improved is that the diagonal line of the shore is too straight and perfect.  I looked up the reference photo and, yes, it is pretty straight in the photo.  Not perfectly straight, but actually pretty straight.  I, personally, would have messed it up a little to make it not so straight.  The colors are wonderful and I love that crooked tree on the right.  It is a beautiful picture.  :)

Sumana Huong

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 01:05:24 PM »
That is beautiful!  The only thing I think could be improved is that the diagonal line of the shore is too straight and perfect.  I looked up the reference photo and, yes, it is pretty straight in the photo.  Not perfectly straight, but actually pretty straight.  I, personally, would have messed it up a little to make it not so straight.  The colors are wonderful and I love that crooked tree on the right.  It is a beautiful picture.  :)

Hi Humburger,
Thanks so much for your kind comments and great observation. you are so right about the line of shore. I don't like it too. I am so glad that you also see  that perfect straight line as something to improve. and I am happy that you are caring enough to look up the reference photo. I appreciate that a lot.
Thanks again dear, I wish you happy weekend.

Teerawut

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 10:21:00 AM »
This image has been submitted.

tonybluegoat

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 12:26:24 PM »
This looks like a good tutorial that you did a great job on.  I like the line segmentation of the branches.  Obviously the trunks of the tree, the background trees and reflections and the colors are nice.  Oil Pastels are a difficult medium for me.  I will make a note to try this tutorial at some time in the future.

Tony

Sumana Huong

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2017, 01:15:28 AM »
This image has been submitted.

Thank you Teerawut

Sumana Huong

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2017, 01:19:18 AM »
This looks like a good tutorial that you did a great job on.  I like the line segmentation of the branches.  Obviously the trunks of the tree, the background trees and reflections and the colors are nice.  Oil Pastels are a difficult medium for me.  I will make a note to try this tutorial at some time in the future.

Tony

Thank you Tony for kind comments. two big trees are big challenge for me. I love the distant trees with their reflections.

Videowoman

• +1/-0
  • Don't worry, be HAPPY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 04:50:45 PM »
I love the brightness of the colors you have used Sumana.