TheVirtualInstructor.com Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Share Your Art / Re: winter pastel
« Last post by argel on Today at 04:21:43 PM »
I love this! I also plan to paint winter landscape but I have some problem with snow, because my paintings have always strong colors :D ha ha ha You painted snow really delicate, I afraid I can't gonna make it in this way:D ha ha ha I admire your snow totally ;-) ;-)
Share Your Art / Re: Ballpoint pen kitty
« Last post by argel on Today at 03:52:12 PM »
I love this! This is my lovely cat ;-) Izzy did a great job of capturing his character :D
Share Your Art / Re: Ballpoint pen kitty
« Last post by Humburger on November 16, 2017, 07:36:17 PM »
Wow!  That turned out really nice.  Ballpoint pen, eh?  I used to draw with my ballpoint pens in school, when I should have been paying attention...  LOL!  But, nothing this good.  :-)
Share Your Art / Re: I think I will name him "Moose".
« Last post by Humburger on November 16, 2017, 07:35:01 PM »
Thanks, Izzy!  I was starting to wonder if everyone had dropped off the face of the earth!  LOL!  I'm glad to see some activity.  :-)
Share Your Art / Ballpoint pen kitty
« Last post by izzychase on November 16, 2017, 07:07:24 PM »
Hi everyone,

I saw an article in Drawing magazine were some artist made amazing representational art with only ballpoint pens.  I thought, given my new found love for all things ink, I would give it a try.  Here is the first offering.  Using Steadtler 432 ballpoint pens on watercolor paper.

It is worth noting...  I have searched high and low for a yellow ballpoint pen.  They exist in a rollerball (gel pen) but that is a different type of ink, and does not play well with normal ballpoint ink.  The cat has yellow eyes, but this light green was the closest I could come and stay true to my goal of 100% ballpoint pen.

Let me know what you think. :)

Izzy
Share Your Art / Re: I think I will name him "Moose".
« Last post by izzychase on November 16, 2017, 07:01:38 PM »
Hey Humburger,

You got a pretty amazing level of detail on Moose!  I really like the bokeh effect on the background.  We spend so much time trying to draw things sharply that sometimes it is a challenge to draw them out of focus!

Love it.

Izzy
Share Your Art / I think I will name him "Moose".
« Last post by Humburger on November 14, 2017, 08:39:46 PM »
This is an 8x10 pastel.
Share Your Art / Re: Need some help
« Last post by izzychase on November 14, 2017, 05:39:45 PM »
Yes, she does need a little attitude adjustment.  LOL!  It would help to be able to see the reference photo, but I understand you not wanting to share that on an open forum.  So, I believe that Sumana is correct as far as we can tell without the photo.  It is my experience (limited, though it is) that the slightest adjustment makes such a big impact.  The eyebrow on the left is a little bit off, but that may be perfectly right according to the photo.  When I make portraits, the sketch is technically correct, but when I start putting in detail, I usually change things, because I like to soften up the expression and put more of the particular feeling that I am looking for.  Sometimes, I have to erase and redraw so many times!  LOL!  What medium are you using?  It looks like it may be oil pastels, but it also looks like paint.  I don't know if you would trust me or not, but if you want to, you can send the photo to my e-mail (ginny@virginiacmccoy.com) and maybe I can get an idea.  If not, I totally understand.  To me, the most important thing about a portrait is that it look like them, but then the next most important thing is that it make them look good.  :-)  Ya know?  LOL!  (Or at least as good as I can make them look while looking exactly like them....)  By the way, it looks really, really good so far.  The eyes are coming along really well!

I am using ink unfortunately.  There is no going back!  lol  I can only make things darker, which is why I put the breaks on to figure out where I was going wrong.  I think I was focused so much on the goofy bottom tooth smile that I didn't pay much attention to the eyes.  I think I am going to keep developing the face and see where it goes.  I can't go backwards being that it is ink, so maybe the rest of the image will help me to know how to fix what is wrong.

Izzy
I love the brightness of the colors you have used Sumana.
Share Your Work From the Tutorials / Re: Oil Pastel Flowers from Matt 's Live Lesson
« Last post by Videowoman on November 14, 2017, 04:48:52 PM »
Hello Sumana, Your painting give me sweet memories. Very nice.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10