Suggest and Share

• Matt
  • +15/-1
  • I draw.
    • View Profile
    • TheVirtualInstructor.com
Suggest and Share
« on: December 12, 2014, 09:11:18 PM »
Let me know what improvements you'd like to see to the membership section here.  Or share what you've learned and love already!  (Or really anything that reflects your experience as a member.)

gms9810

• +19/-1
    • View Profile
    • My site (one of them anyway)
Re: Suggest and Share
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 09:51:08 PM »
I really can't think of any improvements. My experience as a member has been great, I'm learning a lot and meeting new people. For anyone who reads this that isn't a member.....join already! The price is well worth it and you won't regret it.
(No, I didn't get paid to say this)

• Matt
  • +15/-1
  • I draw.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 01:09:20 AM »
I really can't think of any improvements. My experience as a member has been great, I'm learning a lot and meeting new people. For anyone who reads this that isn't a member.....join already! The price is well worth it and you won't regret it.
(No, I didn't get paid to say this)

Thanks! 8)

Michaeljaf

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Suggest and Share
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 04:26:34 PM »
I love the render you used and the lighting on his is great
I like the simplicity and its a great first black and white sig in my opinion.

Mrs Doodler

• +7/-0
  • student artist studying Matt's video courses :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 07:11:50 AM »
It's a brilliant site this. Well worth the money for the sheer amount of lessons and courses you get as a member,Matts blog is brilliant, jam packed with information and the forums are good to meet fellow artists.
Nothing to say about improving at all as there is always new stuff happening!!!!

Matt thank you for such an awesome site for everything artistic  :)

twilliams70

• +3/-0
  • Tawnya
    • View Profile
    • Tawnya Williams Art
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 04:38:02 AM »
I just recently found your site and am so impressed and excited to use what I learn to improve my skills. This is exactly what I've been looking for!

brendarenee

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2016, 01:18:27 AM »
I really enjoyed the live lessons you just completed on oil pastels.  I have tried them a few times using YouTube videos as a learning device and my "paintings" looked like illustrations you would see in a textbook.  This is the first time I tried oil pastels when the result looked like a real painting.  Thank you so much for teaching me how wonderful this medium can be.  (I hope I did this post correctly. This is the first time I have used any sort of forum and I wasn't sure how to respond to your Suggest and Share post.)

tcwhit

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2016, 01:53:36 AM »
I've only been a part of this group for a short time, but I do spend lots of my down-time hopping around through the lessons, courses and blogs. I'm learning so much, and trying so many new things! Until I joined this site, I never realized that the biggest obstacle for me was me. When I began this wonderful journey, I had no idea what to expect. I spent most of my childhood drawing on anything near me with whatever I could get my hands on. (Apparently Mother said that included her lipstick and a living room wall). Once into college, life became so full and busy, it kind of went by the wayside. I was in my 50's before I picked up a pencil again, and realized I needed some refreshing.
I'm not getting paid for this either, but this has been one of the greatest things I've done for myself in many years, and I'm very grateful that this person (Matt) has taken his time and energies to put this out there for all of us. It's obviously a labor of love and I can't thank him enough.

• Matt
  • +15/-1
  • I draw.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2016, 03:38:46 PM »
Wow!  Thanks tcwhit! I do love it!

get@VI

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2016, 12:59:26 AM »
Quote from:  link=topic=271.msg1529#msg1529 date=1418418678
Let me know what improvements you'd like to see to the membership section here.  Or share what you've learned and love already!  (Or really anything that reflects your experience as a member.)
I am learning a lot about art but I am having an unbelievably hard time trying to post.  That is probably due to the fact that I have never posted here on this forum or any other forum.  I joined over a year ago and I am repeatedly amazed at my progress.  There are many excellent artists but there are very few excellent artists who are also superb teachers.  You are definitely an amazing teacher.

CockerSpaniel

• +0/-0
  • Make time to find the things that you love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2017, 07:32:07 PM »
Hi,
I've just started with the courses and am amazed that I seem to be able to create something that I really like.
I'm enjoying it. You are a incredible teacher Matt!
You are right that looking at the subject matter, practice and knowledge is the key.
I feel like i'm learning, and learning to create myself as well.
Thank you so much!

Suggestion;
I would like to learn more (more chapters) in the lessons.
Maybe longer courses? More subjects. More hardcore knowledge?
Maybe a course on great artists (da vinci, van Gogh, Rembrant, escher...) and looking at art history and learning how to learn for the great masters. learning what to see.

Pam Stork

• +3/-0
  • Perfect never finishes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2017, 06:05:32 AM »
Everything I have seen and done so far with Matt has been amazing. I can't believe my luck finding this site. My art skills just keep improving daily as I work my way through the courses. The Members Minute is a fantastic way to learn as well. The only thing I would ask for at the moment is some kind of help with backgrounds - when to include them, how much is too much, etc.  I have ruined too many drawings by getting the backgrounds wrong. Would love some help, please. Thanks Matt, you are unbelievable. Cheers, Pam
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 06:24:05 AM by Pam Stork »

melhenline

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2017, 10:59:23 AM »
I am also new to the site and well I an just excited to have found a site to share my work and to get feedback on it from more than friends and family. I have never taken any art classes before and I don't see myself ever going to school again this site is giving me the chance to learn at my own pace as well and very helpful suggestions it encourages me to share work I would not think would be good enough show off with much higher levels of work. I want to share here and look forward to the comments all of them. That is what I became a member for.
It would help if you could see all of what that one person has shared and the comments they made in different tabs on their profile page it is nice to see the work of someone but might not be interested in viewing everything they have commented on, Just a thought
And thank you for giving me this chance to share without pressure and or worry of anything else it is very comforting and look forward to sharing more I love being a member.