TheVirtualInstructor.com Forum

Adriana Cernanova

Daniel Y

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
Adriana Cernanova
« on: August 11, 2017, 12:25:19 PM »
I guess I never actually posted this drawing. I used it as my avatar. I consider it my best work up to the point it was completed. It may not have stayed that way. I did the Judy Garland collection after doing this one. Someone on that thread mentioned a desire that I show more of my work. Honestly so far this is about it for what I have completed that is comparable. I have a lot of work that shows my progression in quality of work. but Have not been drawing at this level for very long at all. Hope you all enjoy.

Mrs Doodler

• +7/-0
  • student artist studying Matt's video courses :)
    • View Profile
Re: Adriana Cernanova
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 05:34:34 PM »
 :) its brilliant & you not been doing it long, wow !!
Ive only done a couple of portraits but that was before i joined Matt and started his drawing course, ive done animals.
I started matts portrait course but ive had to put that on hold.
On a previous drawing i asked if you lighten your work before posting, as they seem really light, it may be just me.
But your progress is brilliant keep going ?

Humburger

• +10/-0
  • Nature is God's art. -- Dante
    • View Profile
    • Virginia C. McCoy Fine Art
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 07:20:04 PM »
Very lovely, especially the hair, which is my own personal nemesis.  :)

Daniel Y

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 01:51:47 PM »
I am still working on my hair technique. I will say that what I do has something of an unexpected result about half way through doing it. I draw lines to start forming shapes and contours. mainly putting in the darker deeper areas. I then brush over it. I will add more darker areas. lift out some highlights and then brush again. Use a very soft camel hairs brush. This creates layer after layer of slightly varying tones. In this process suddenly it starts to take on a appearance that is not at all expected. It is as if the graphite begins to apply to the paper differently. To me it is a means to a result that is not intuitive at all. As I said I am still working on it. mainly in seeing the deeper parts of the hair when I start my first layers. and actually intentionally drawing the various forms one on top of the other. In the end hair is usually a particular issue for most.