TheVirtualInstructor.com Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Share Your Work From the Tutorials / Re: Avacado
« Last post by tonybluegoat on October 19, 2017, 08:19:15 PM »
I love to read your comments. it is like I am reading a poem. i learnt a lot from it.

;)
Share Your Art / Re: Wheat Field on a Starry Night
« Last post by Alan Green on October 19, 2017, 02:45:34 PM »
I really like it too
General Discussion / Re: Introduction and question
« Last post by kellsinart on October 19, 2017, 01:17:44 PM »
Hey Kellsinart,

I am just guessing, but are you trying to draw the iris completely round?  The further away from center the eye turns, the more elliptical the iris appears to the viewer.  If the viewer is at the subjects eye level, and the subject is looking up, the iris will appear a little elliptical.

NOW...  If the viewer is looking into the subject's eyes, and the subject is looking up at us (the viewer), then the iris will be round.  It is dependent on the viewers point of view.

Hope this helps.

Izzy
Thanks to you both,
Yes that's exactly the information I needed Izzy, I figured it was something to do with the placement of the iris but couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong☺And luckily I have several big, thick erasers! 😏
Gaynor
« Last post by izzychase on October 19, 2017, 07:35:19 AM »
Hey Kellsinart,

I am just guessing, but are you trying to draw the iris completely round?  The further away from center the eye turns, the more elliptical the iris appears to the viewer.  If the viewer is at the subjects eye level, and the subject is looking up, the iris will appear a little elliptical.

NOW...  If the viewer is looking into the subject's eyes, and the subject is looking up at us (the viewer), then the iris will be round.  It is dependent on the viewers point of view.

DanielY would probably be able to offer a better explanation.  I am hoping he chimes in.

Hope this helps.

Izzy
« Last post by izzychase on October 19, 2017, 07:26:21 AM »
Hi Hum,

I am going to agree with Tony on this.  I love the color choices.  I don't usually go for the Neo-Impressionist pieces, but you did a really really good job with this one.  I bet if you put prints on etsy they would sell like hotcakes.

Great job.

Izzy
Share Your Work From the Tutorials / Re: Avacado
« Last post by Sumana Huong on October 19, 2017, 02:51:44 AM »
I love to read your comments. it is like I am reading a poem. i learnt a lot from it.
Share Your Work From the Tutorials / Re: Watercolor Birches
« Last post by Sumana Huong on October 19, 2017, 02:36:46 AM »
it is very beautiful painting , Hum.
Share Your Work From the Tutorials / Re: Watercolor Birches
« Last post by Humburger on October 19, 2017, 01:34:40 AM »
I appreciate your detailed comments.  You and Daniel call my attention to things I don't always notice.  😃
« Last post by Humburger on October 19, 2017, 01:32:30 AM »
Thanks, Tony.  😊
« Last post by Humburger on October 19, 2017, 01:30:16 AM »
Greetings, Gaynor.  Welcome to the forum.  Regarding irises, my experience is that, if I don't hit it the first time, I generally wear out my eraser until I get it right.  Don't think there is something wrong with copious use of an eraser.  It is just another tool.  You should, however, be working very lightly until you have things where you want them, then start intensifying the values.  I hope my limited experience and knowledge help you.  Please share your work.  😃
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10